Carestream Health will show the DRX-Revolution Nano Mobile X-ray system, which pending U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance at the upcoming Association for Medical Imaging Management (AHRA) conference, July 9-12 in Anaheim, Calif. The new mobile x-ray system will use carbon nanotube technology to deliver significantly reduced size and weight when compared to existing systems.
The DRX-Revolution Nano system will use carbon nanotube technology in a lighter weight, non-motorized system that will be easy to move and position, even in cramped critical care areas. The new system is designed to include:
- Carbon nanotube technology and an advanced lithium iron phosphate battery that contribute to longer life and a weight of approximately 200 pounds;
- A sleek design with enhanced visibility both over and around the system;
- A compact footprint that will make it easy to maneuver and position in tight spaces; and
- Independent controls of the diaphragm without moving the tubehead.
The company also will showcase:
- New mobile x-ray system’s ability to assist facilities that are transitioning from computed radiography (CR) to digital radiography (DR) with a comprehensive portfolio of mobile and room-based DR systems and retrofit capabilities;
- The Carestream Touch Ultrasound System that maximizes image quality and offers an ergonomic design; and
- The Carestream OnSight 3D Extremity System that uses cone beam computed tomography (CT) technology to capture 3-D weight-bearing extremity images.
Carestream also will spotlight the addition of imaging analytics software to its Carestream Clinical Collaboration Platform that can improve early detection rates for many conditions. For example, this software can calculate liver density from a CT chest or abdomen study to detect a fatty liver; identify emphysema by detecting levels of trapped air in the lungs from a non-contrast CT chest study; and determine levels of coronary calcium from non-contrast CT chest studies in addition to assessing bone density.
For more information: www.carestream.com